We have produced this FAQ to help answer some of the frequently asked questions with regards to buying wrecker auto parts from Hollanderparts.com.au.
In addition, you can also find answers here to some common questions about buying recycled auto parts. If you have a question about buying car parts from hollanderparts.com.au that is not answered here then please contact us using the form below our team would be more than happy to help, however we can’t assist with part search enquiries.
How do I find wreckers or wrecker parts near me?
Hollanderparts.com.au is built with a range of search options and filter criteria to help you find wrecker parts across our online store. Not only are they super cheap vs buying a new part but you can source parts that are locally available which in turns help support local wreckers across Australia and New Zealand.
To find a wrecker supplied auto part near you simply do the following:
- Start a new auto part search
- Filter your results selecting vehicle details or otherwise.
- Drill down your auto part choices to a state level. Select one of the available states to see parts in your state.
- Select and view the details about the auto part listed.
- Add to basket, purchase or contact the supplier for further information.
There it is, just 5 simple steps to finding a wrecker part online near you with Hollanderparts.com.au the dedicated auto parts marketplace for used and recycled car parts.
Hollanderparts.com.au will be undergoing future developments to enhance this functionality so you can continue to identify and support local auto part suppliers if you choose. Alternatively, you can opt to ship a part directly to you using our delivery options.
What are the Benefits of buying Recycled Auto Parts?
If you are considering buying a recycled car part from a wrecker in Australia or New Zealand then there are plenty of benefits to doing so.
- Most recycled wrecker sold parts can save consumers up to 75% vs buying a new auto part.
- A recycled part is genuine. It’s not made to manufacturer spec. It is the original manufacturer genuine par, cleaned checked and approved for use on the road.
- Trusted – Recycled parts are inspected and assessed before being made for sale so you can trust wrecker provided parts as you would a new part.
- Save your car! With recycled parts offering a cheaper alternative to aftermarket or alternatives you can keep your car on the road cost effectively.
- Reduce your repair bills. if you source an auto part yourself using our site you can cut out expensive middlemen looking for a cut on the part sale. Simply order the part you need from one of our wreckers and take it to your local mechanical repairer to fit.
- Will it fit? Nobody wants to buy a part and find out it doesn’t fit. With our site you can select the Make, Model, Part Type and Year of the vehicle you are requiring a replacement part for and filter further to the specific vehicle type. This helps ensure confidence in the parts compatibility with your vehicle. Don’t forget you can contact any of our auto part wreckers directly through the ask a question button located on any of our part pages. Our wreckers are based across Australia and would be happy to help you prior to your purchase.
Who buys recycled car parts?
Recycled car parts or wrecker parts can be bought by anyone looking for a spare or replacement part for their vehicle. Used or recycled car parts are typically bought by consumers looking for a low-cost alternative to buying either OEM parts or buying directly from a repair center. With used parts, buyers can cut out inflated costs and get reliable car parts at a fraction of the cost. Hollanderparts.com.au is an ideal solution for consumers and repair body shops looking to source quality used parts for vehicle repairs, restorations or automotive hobbyists.
What parts fit my car?
Does car insurance cover recycled auto parts?
Where can I find parts for my car?
What does Aftermarket mean for car parts?
Recycled car parts are not aftermarket car parts. Recycled parts are genuine parts supplied from the factory build.
What does OE mean in car parts?
What does OEM mean for car parts?
What parts on a car can be recycled?
It is also estimated that the demand for recycled auto parts will increase as insurers and consumers look at more cost-effective methods to save on part costs. Hollanderparts.com.au is proud to be leading the way for auto recyclers to list and sell ethical recycled auto parts directly to consumers and businesses alike.
Read our guide to buying recycled auto parts for more information.
What is your refund policy?
If you wish to receive a refund for an auto part bought via hollanderparts.com.au we first advise you contact the yard directly to resolve any issues or disputes. The process of a refund being made will be undertaken under the supplier’s standard returns and refund policy which is not located or prescribed by Hollanderparts.com.au.
What warranty do I get on wrecker supplied parts?
As a minimum, all wrecker supplied auto parts purchased online from hollanderparts.com.au will be sold on the basis of a minimum 3 months warranty being offered. For some parts suppliers, they may offer extended warranty periods. For clarification on this, we advise you to contact the part supplier directly to find out about additional warranty periods available. The period of warranty offered is in compliance with Australian consumer law. More information can be found here
How does shipping work?
Can I find auto parts by colour code?
If your colour code was “KYO” simply enter this to show all available parts that match or detail that colour code. You can also add in “Door KYO” to see only doors that have a matching colour code for example.
Every auto part listed for sale on Hollanderparts.com.au has additional details to help you understand the part suitability to your need. Once you have selected a part, click the “Show more part details” button to reveal additional information including part colour code.
If you cannot see this information available on the part you are viewing then click the “ask a question” button to request this information from the wrecker supplying the part.
Why is there a processing time for car parts?
How many parts can I buy at once?
I want to buy more than one recycled part from a supplier how do I do this?
Hollanderparts.com.au will let you do this however you will need to do this as separate transactions at this point. This is to avoid any miscalculations in your shipping and avoid you being overcharged for the service. We would recommend in these instances you contact the wrecker supplying the part directly to avoid any issues with your orders. Our suppliers can also help you source additional parts from the same vehicle if required.
Can I save a product for later?
Due to the nature of buying a used wrecker part, there is only ever one instance of that part available. When you add that part to cart it is saved for you to fulfil a purchase with however if this is not completed it will be returned for sale. Only with Click and Collect will a part be reserved for you without an online payment being required. This will not save the part for this purpose but only to allow you the flexibility of seeing the part in person before making payment.
Can I view my previous orders?
Why do I see vehicle images instead of parts?
Can I track my order?
When an order is placed on Hollanderparts.com.au your order will be sent to the supplier for processing. if the supplier chooses to dispatch your part using a service that offers delivery tracking it is up to them to supply this. For more information on delivery please check out our delivery information page.