We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and to the extent required by the Act we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is personal information?
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services a person has purchased from us, or from individuals and companies we deal with, or which a person has enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to enquiries;
- any additional information relating to a person that is provided to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information provided to us through calling or attending our service centres or through customer surveys.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information directly from individuals about whom the information relates unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information we may collect it in ways including:
- through access and use of our website;
- through any devices (including mobile services) you use when you register for use of our websites;
- from emails sent to us;
- during conversations between individuals and our representatives; or
- when a person completes a form which is provided to us.
In some circumstances, a person may need to provide personal information about third parties (e.g. when making a purchase with someone else’s credit card details). When this occurs, we rely on the person giving the information to inform the third party that they are providing the personal information to us and to advise the third party that we can be contacted for further information.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. Please note this does not opt you out of being sent marketing materials. You will continue to receive generic advertisements on our websites even if you do not allow your computer to accept cookies.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the websites, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we don’t collect personal information?
If a person does not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services, either to our usual standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide information about our own or third party products and services;
- we may not be able to provide updates and other information about products and services previously purchased; and
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our own and third party products and services to our customers and to send communications;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide access to protected areas of our websites;
- to verify the identity of people we deal with;
- to conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- to assess the performance of our websites and to improve the operation of our websites;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes;
- to update our records;
- to process and respond to complaints;
- to comply with laws; and
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting personal information.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by customers, and to otherwise provide products and services including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- third party buyers and sellers of products, and third party providers and users of services;
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in Melbourne and Sydney Australia;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct personal information we hold about you?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the contact details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge you for simply making the request and will not charge you for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold about you. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been interfered with, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Do we disclose personal information about you to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to personal information we send to them.
We may disclose personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including our related bodies corporate, located in Switzerland and the UK.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Hollander International Pty Ltd (ACN 123 451 696)
12/28 Pendlebury Road, Cardiff NSW 2285